The Marin Humane Society is a registered 501(c) (3) non-profit organization—Federal Tax ID 94-1156562. Our animal adoption, rehabilitation and outreach programs are supported by contributions, grants and bequests for program continuation and expansion. All contributions, including vehicle donations, are tax deductible as allowed by law.
The Marin Humane Society is a local, independent organization and is not a chapter or affiliate of any national organization such as the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) or the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). Your support of the Marin Humane Society directly helps animals in your community.
When you contribute to the Marin Humane Society, you help:
- Reunite lost animals with their worried families
- Adopt unwanted animals into new, loving homes
- Give sick and injured animals a second chance
- Bring the joy of animals to seniors and the homebound through animal-assisted therapy
- Teach young people the responsibilities and rewards of companion animals
For questions, please email or call our Development department at 415.506.6257.
Independent Charities of America, which certifies charities that meet the highest standards of accountability and effectiveness, has recognized the Marin Humane Society as one of America’s best charities.