- Search our lost pet database below
- Come to the Marin Humane Society in person as soon as possible. We are required to hold stray animals for six days, although we try to hold them longer. We will assist you in filing a lost report, looking through our stray, adoption, isolation and quarantine housing as well as looking through the Lost & Found books at the front counter.
- Email us or call our lost animal recording every evening after 6 p.m. The recording is updated daily and only includes animals who were brought in during the previous 48 hours. Call 415.883.4621, press 377 for lost dogs, 378 for lost cats and 379 for all other lost animals.
- For lost pets, email a photo with name, date, phone number, city where you believe your pet went missing to email@example.com. Type “Lost Cat” or "Lost Dog" in the subject line.
- Check neighboring animal shelters, canvass your neighborhood, tell your friends, neighbors, mail carriers, etc. that your pet is missing and post Lost Pet Notices around your neighborhood.
- Check out these tips for finding a lost or missing pet from CatsInTheBag.org or Missing Pet Partnership.
You can download these lost pet notices to reproduce and the lost/found report to fax or mail to us.
Lost Dog Notice
Lost Cat Notice
- Call the Marin Humane Society immediately at 415.883.4621 to report the animal.
- As soon as possible, please bring the pet to the Marin Humane Society or your local animal shelter. We will scan the animal for a microchip, and you can file a found animal report. If you want, you can leave the pet with us.
- If you are willing to put in the effort, you can post found animal posters in the area, and post a description of the animal on sites like Craigslist.org.
Use our lost pet database to search for found animals that are currently under our care. Please note that these do not represent all found animals so if you do not see your animal here, please still contact us. Having trouble viewing the search results? Click here to open your results in a new window.